+ Deliver for the BEST!
+ No stairs
+ No cash handling
+ GREAT pay; Avg. Salary $72k/yr after 2 years
+ Limited time $5,000 sign on bonus or 1 week paid vacation for qualified drivers!!
+ Benefits on day one for qualified drivers
+ Company paid hotel rooms
+ 1, 2, and 3 day routes – GREAT home time
Apply online or in person at our facility: 1906 Grandview Parkway, Sturtevant, WI 53177
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of food staples, food specialty products and restaurant supplies to various customer locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor, maneuver into position in attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre-/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or Peoplenet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Unload trailer, delivery product into customer premises.
* Perform any other duties as necessary.
* Meet the physical demands of this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a CDL Class A License; Prefer (Not Required) minimum driving experience of 2 years or 50,000 miles tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.)
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
* Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to drive a tractor-trailer; use a 2 wheel dolly, ramp, on-board Peoplenet device and product scanning device.
* Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs per case, pushing/pulling dolly up to 450 lbs.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
* The environment includes the tractor trailer.
* The environment includes customer facilities.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/Vet/Disability
McLane is a $44 billion dollar supply chain services leader,
providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat Company, Inc., (MBM) operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc. Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.