Discarded smoking materials cause shed fire

RFD logoOn September 3,2015 at 4:59 p.m., the Racine Fire Department responded to a shed fire. Improperly discarded smoking materials ignited sawdust spreading fire to a shed on the property and overhead powerlines.The business at 1652 Main Street sustained exterior damage from the radiant heat. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and checked for extension. We Energies was working on repairing the damaged powerlines. The occupant was not present at the time of the fire. The fire is classified as accidental. $3,000 to the Business / $1,500 to the shed