Family and pet escape house fire uninjured

RFD logo On Monday, August 3,2015 at 3:35 p.m. the Racine Fire Department responded to a fire at 3310 9th Ave. The cause of the fire is determined as accidental. A child turned on the stove and left it unattended igniting materials left on the stovetop. The fire spread throughout the kitchen and living areas. In addition there was also minor water damage. Firefighter personnel quickly extinguished the fire and checked for extension. We Energies disconnected power to the residence. The residents were able to get out safely along with their pet. The building is uninhabitable and the occupants have declined aid from the American Red Cross and will stay with friends. The Racine Fire Department is stating that the estimated loss is $20,000 to structure / $10,000 to contents.

Share