After opening for business this morning (George Town Market) Wednesday May 4th, an employee noticed smoke coming from the attached business (H&H meats and Catering) and called 911. Upon arrival Engine Five observed smoke showing from the exterior and quickly located and extinguished a fire contained to the kitchen area. Smoke damage was noted throughout the building. No one was injured and the owners/ occupants of this building were notified. The businesses are working closely with the Racine Health Department with hopes of opening later this week. This fire is currently under investigation.
Lt. Sorce states that there is an estimated $35,000 damage to the building and the fire is currently under investigation