Fireworks causes July 4th fire on Packard Ave

RFD logoOn July 4th at 8:43 p.m. the Racine Fire Department and Racine Police responded to a call of a house on fire at 1554 Packard Ave, upon arrival found smoke and flames coming from the rear of the building. Engine 6 quickly contained this fire while additional crews searched for occupants and fire extension with neither found. This fire was a result of the improper use of fireworks that were found inside the rear entrance. The occupants of the home are receiving assistance from the Red Cross. No one was injured as a result of this fire. The estimated fire damage is $3,000 according to fire personnel and there were no injuries