At 1:09 a.m. the Racine Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 709 Thunderbird Drive. A garage caught fire also igniting the home on the property. Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly, shut of the power to both the home and garage and checked for fire extension. The homeowner and his dog were unharmed and were waiting for We Energies to restore power to the home. The fire is under investigation.
According to officials there is an estimate property lost of $20,000 to garage / $15,000 to contents / $10,000 to home