Leadership Union Grove (LUG) is a community-based program sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. The benefits of participating in this program are endless. The sessions offered each month are often thought provoking and insightful. In the end, participants learn how a community is built, understand what it takes to maintain a successful, healthy community, and develop personal and professional leadership skills.
In addition to the thought provoking leadership training students receive each morning from Dr. Russ Kinkade. Students are exposed to a variety of “behind the scenes” experiences and personal interactions with high level professionals. Every training session is focused on a specific topic. Some of the interactions you will receive are highlighted below.
Education & Media
• One on One with School Administrators | Meet reps from Media | Inside look at school facilities Business & Economic Development
• Behind the scene tour of local manufacturing | Network with business leaders | Bring to life local business history
Recreation & Quality of Life
• Participate in the diverse and exciting recreation opportunities available in the area Law Enforcement & Criminal Justice
• Meet judges | Ride along with law enforcement | Tour detention facilities Health & Human Services
• Find out current issues facing our community | Learn about local & state human service and the changes they face
Explore community impact & involvement at care facilities
• Discover local volunteer opportunities | Learn what drive volunteers | Suit-up and become a volunteer fire fighter
• Gain first-hand knowledge of the economic impact of agriculture in our area.
In the end, participants learn how a community is built, understand what it takes to maintain a successful, healthy community, and develop personal and professional leadership skills. For more information visit www.leadershipuniongrove.org or call 262.878.4606.