Mc Lane Food Service hiring Dispatcher With Valid CDL Class A License
McLane Food Service is currently hiring for a full time Dispatcher With Valid CDL Class A License.
**The right candidate would be required to perform driver rescues and occasionally finish a delivery route. This is why the Valid CDL-A is required
Work Schedule (Subject to Change) – Wednesday 9:30AM – 8 PM, Thursday – Friday & Saturday 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
This position is responsible for the dispatch operations in the Transportation Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Prepare daily records and memos, and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Complete transportation pouches including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps and stores keys for drivers.
- Develop and update driver and helper dispatch schedule daily.
- Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
- Set up daily tractor/trailer assignment for drivers.
- Verify roadworthiness and keep maintenance records for tractors and trailers.
- Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
- Expedite driver manifests and highlight keys.
- Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
- Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with Driver Specialists,
- Customers and managers.
- Meet this position’s physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of mainframe computer software (PeopleSoft) relating to record keeping/scheduling for drivers and helpers. Preferred experience in Windows environment and on Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
- Have a 2 years in similar function (preferred).
- Map reading abilities.
- Understanding of distribution systems.
- Ability to communicate in various methods with different levels.
- Mathematical ability for maintaining schedules.
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
- Valid CDL Class A License
- Good Driving Record
- Pass Physical Assesment
- Pass Hair Follicle Drug Screen
- 1 Year of CDL Class A Driving Experience (Manuel 10 Speed Tractor Trailor Set Up)
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
- Requires night and weekend work as needed.
- Be able to work alone and in group settings.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close proximity to other teammates.
For the online application or a list of employment opportunities, please see the below options:
– Visit www.mclaneco.com/careers and look under Sturtevant WI for all open opportunities
– Text CDL to 51893 for a mobile friendly version site of open opportunities
– Visit www.driveformclane.com to educate yourself about McLane Company, Inc. Drivers nationwide
McLane is a $46 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.