McLane Food Service is hiring a Warehouse Operations Supervisor
McLane Food Service located in Sturtevant, WI is currently seeing a Warehouse Operations Supervisor. You can apply online at MCLANE FOOD SERVICE CAREERS
Warehouse Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Distribution/Warehousing Department and help provide 24 hours coverage. Provide general supervision of all warehouse operations and functional processes within the department. Primary responsibility is to maintain a properly staffed and trained department that supports the warehousing function by offering the highest levels of logistics support. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all warehousing activities. Must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently. Must drive key performance indicators for cost savings, and maintain efficient utilization of manpower through proper scheduling and training in order to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Direct and motivate Teammates.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents or unsafe conditions through the company safety department.
- Responsible for compliance and knowledge with OSHA regulations and other safety standards. Maintain facility in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards.
- Ensure that warehousing procedures offer the cost-effective solutions that will drive profitability.
- Propose and implement ideas to improve key performance indicators.
- Uphold sanitation and housekeeping standards and conduct compliance audits to such standards.
- Manage and benchmark warehouse aspects of profit and loss statement.
- Assist in managing all departments re-bids.
- Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Warehouse Teammates and Support Staff.
- Facilitate communication within the management team and between the Teammates and management.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Enforcement of general company policies and issuance of coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates.
- Assign accountability within staff to track and trend key performance indicators to ensure the center is meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge of Teammate Handbook.
- Establish and provide departmental coverage and leadership and maintain level of managerial professionalism at all times.
- Assist Transportation Operations Managers with resolution of issues between warehousing and distribution.
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to be assigned periodically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- 5 ? 7 years of experience in all facets of outbound and inbound warehousing, preferably in the food service industry.
- Mainframe computer software relating to record keeping.
- Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
- Management of large numbers of warehouse staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team. TEAM concept and TEAMWORK are essential functions performed daily.
- Knowledge of distribution systems.
- Ability to utilize office machines.
- Extensive communications via phone.
- Ability to communicate with different levels of internal/external staffing.
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, including the freezer and cooler areas.
McLane is a $48 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.