McLane Food Service is seeking a Customer Service Representative. McLane is a $48 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.
To apply please visit McLane Food Service-CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I or in person at 1906 Grandview Pkwy. (Grandview Business Park), Sturtevant.
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for obtaining customer orders in a timely manner and meeting deadlines, all while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Be the front line contact to customers, corporate contacts, and walk in visitors.
* Provide information and support to customers to successfully manage their business.
* Work directly with internal departments and corporate office staff to ensure operational needs are met, while meeting our service objectives.
* Complete daily duties and special projects to support operational efficiencies.
* Answer and assist incoming callers with product related issues, delivery questions, and concerns.
* Process credit requests utilizing the Call Tracking System.
* Process customer order guides, add-ons, late add-ons, deletions, redeliveries, customer pickups, D.C. transfers and special order request from outside vendors.
* Research and process YUM and Panera QA’s credit requests.
* Reprint invoices and pick sheets.
* Review and process driver invoices, credits, and debits.
* Process and track RMA’s to ensure timely processing of Pick-ups and prompt crediting.
* Process and distribute daily reports to include: Exception report, Open Credit Order report, Open Sales Order report and Credit Order History report.
* Complete daily surveys to meet company’s criteria, and complete daily survey calls for Borders and Sky Venture franchisee groups.
* Review and respond to emails timely.
* Oversee the department daily duties, and responsible to coordinate and delegate daily work assignments.
* Help cover duties of the reception desk.
* Participate in brainstorming sessions to resolve problems and provide recommendations to improve the departments and/or D.C.’s performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma or GED.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Have prior call center or Foodservice Distribution experience preferable.
* Have experience in dealing with high call volume.
* Have proven success with difficult callers and stressful situations.
* Be team oriented, open to change with a positive outlook.
* Be goal oriented-works as a team towards accomplishing desired outcome.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).