McLane Food Service is hiring for a Transportation Operations Supervisor
McLane Food Service is currently seeking a
Transportation Operations Supervisor.
McLane is one of the most successful supply chain services companies in the US for 3 simple reasons : we hire, foster and promote the most talented and passionate teammates on the planet.
Beyond competitive pay and outstanding benefits, we strive to create an environment for success, where Teammates can truly grow personally and professionally. Thats why the average tenure at McLane is close to 10 years and the majority of our leadership teams have been promoted from within.
We have a winning, growth-driven culture that focuses on the best and the brightest teammates. Its also why our customers are some of the largest and most respected retailers in America, and the brands we deliver every single day are the ones you know and love.
For the online application or a list of employment opportunities, please see the below options:
- Visit mclaneco.com/careers and look under Sturtevant WI for all open opportunities
- Text CDL to 51893 for a mobile friendly version site of open opportunities
- Visit driveformclane.com to educate yourself about McLane Company, Inc. Drivers nationwide
**Schedule is subject to change: Current schedule will be Wednesday 7 AM to?7 PM, Thursday 8 AM to 8 PM, Friday 8 AM to?8 PM and Saturday 8 AM to?4 PM. Additional hours may be required depending on daily need.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Transportation Department and helps provide 24-hr coverage. It provides general supervision of all transportation drivers and administrative staff. The primary responsibility is to make sure that all Teammates are on the job at the start of the shift or at the scheduled dispatch time. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and backhaul activities, and must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Lead, direct and motivate Teammates.
- Report any accidents or unsafe conditions to the Senior Transportation Manager and the Safety Manager.
- Be responsible for compliance and knowledge with Federal Department of Transportation regulations and other safety standards. Maintain fleet in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards.
- Keep all mistakes and waste to a minimum and check to make sure that routes are properly set up.
- Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Transportation Teammates which includes providing support to Drivers to help allow them to delivery the product safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Facilitate positive and productive communication between Teammates and management.
- Monitor all scheduled tasks to ensure that they are efficiently completed.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Enforce general company policies and present coaching/disciplinary documentation to Teammates
- Be responsible for productivity and accuracy of data including but not limited to unload rates, routes, stops, and pieces; timely scheduling of all routes for on-time departures. Tracking/monitor on-time delivery.
- Have knowledge of and oversee backhaul and transfers during shift.
- Provide departmental coverage and leadership and maintain level of managerial professionalism at all times.
- Assist the Senior Transportation Manager with research and development of new techniques and procedures to increase the efficiency of any transportation operation (Peoplenet, TRUCKS, DriverPro, DriveCam).
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other activities as assigned.
- Manage the daily transportation activities and monitor staffing levels to ensure efficient operation.
- Manage activities of the Transportation teammates including Yard Drivers, Delivery Drivers, trailer sanitation and the administrative team.
- Record all pertinent information to and communicate daily activity summaries, ensuring a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers on service levels
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have 3+ years of demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience, preferably in the food service industry.
- Have mainframe computer software knowledge related to record keeping. Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; PeopleNet and other routing systems.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Be able to read, analyze, interpret and explain technical procedures.
- Understand financial statements and resulting cost implications.
- Have strong analytical and communication skill with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
- Have knowledge of distribution systems to include order routing.
- Understand dispatch issues and procedures.
- A bachelors degree in a related field is preferred.
- Excellent leadership, team building, strong communication and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs and inclined surfaces as necessary to meet drivers on routes.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
- This position may require work in warm and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401k.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
McLane is a $48 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.