This position is responsible for selecting product and loading trucks (i.e., moving product between the loading dock and the warehouse and moving product within the warehouse) with a high degree of accuracy and great sense of urgency while meeting standards within McLane established guidelines.
**Candidates must be flexible to work 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM or 1:00 PM – 11:30 PM, work every weekend and most holidays and be able to frequently lift cases up to 65 lbs. for approximately 10 hours a day.
To apply online please visit McLane at MC LANE FOOD SERVICE CAREERS and select the Sturtevant location on the left hand side
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Review documents and record information; verify quantity, identity, availability and condition of product.
* Drive and operate the reach truck, pallet jack and fork truck to select, pull, sort, and stack product within the warehouse and dock.
* Work any shift including weekends.
* Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.
* Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.
* Meet this position’s physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Have 1-2 years of distribution warehouse experience including operation of reach truck, pallet jack & forklift is desired.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to apply understanding of problems involving some variables.
* Possess strong problem solving skills and excellent time management skills.
* Be able to deliver customer satisfaction within McLane guidelines.
* Use independent discretion/judgment, but work well in a team environment as well.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401k.