To apply online please visit McLane at MC LANE FOOD SERVICE CAREERS and select the Sturtevant location on the left hand side
**Schedule is subject to change but is currently M-F 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
This position is responsible for assisting the warehouse staff with receiving process, label printing and sorting process, and load audits, as well as assisting in other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Perform load audits on a daily basis.
* Coordinate the ship confirmation process with the warehouse staff.
* Assist with receiving process.
* Provide administrative support for the warehouse staff.
* Provide administrative support in the label printing and sorting process.
* Ensure all invoices, load summaries, and labels are printed, sorted and distributed appropriately, and ensure that loads are completed and accurate.
* Create presentations, memos, letters and other documentation.
* Provide assistance as needed with customer communications.
* Prepare check requests, invoices, and business expense reimbursements for authorization.
* Coordinate and schedule meetings.
* Answer calls and direct calls to the appropriate person.
* Sort mail, order supplies, copy and collate business materials.
* Maintain calendars.
* Coordinate travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 4-5 years administrative experience with working knowledge of office practices.
* Strong interpersonal skills and a professional personal presentation are required.
* Ability to meet tight deadlines with little margin for error.
* Ability to perform computer word processing, presentations/graphic proficiency and spreadsheet skills are required, (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint) on an IBM compatible system.
* Command of English grammar and spelling required.
* Basic math skills required and must be capable of calculations on calculator and computer.
* Proficiency with internet.
* Office environment.
However, this office environment is in an open area in the Transportation Department. A large counter with 3 or more co-workers all working at the same time while checking in drivers, answering phones and other administrative duties being performed is the environment. Multitasking and performing duties umong distraction is a must for this position.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401k.
McLane is a $46 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.