Mount Pleasant Police take three into custody after Wednesday morning home invasion

jail barsOn Wednesday, 08/26/2015, at 9:04 a.m, Mount Pleasant Police Officers were dispatched to the 5700 block of Heather Way at the report of a home invasion (Burglary to an occupied residence). The Racine County Communications Center had received a 911 call of the home invasion and dispatched Officers to the area. The home invasion was interrupted when a male resident was alerted to the suspects in the home by a barking dog. The resident called 911 and chased the suspects from the residence.

While enroute, Mount Pleasant Police Officers learned via Dispatch that 2 suspects were seen running from the residence to the south, then east on Freedy Ave. The subjects were then seen leaving the area in a dark colored suv type vehicle. The suspects remained at large at this time. A short time later, a suspicious vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle was seen in the area. The vehicle was stopped by Mount Pleasant Police Investigators and as a result, three subjects were taken into custody and the suspect vehicle was seized as evidence.

Upon obtaining a search warrant and searching the vehicle, the property stolen in the burglary was recovered inside the vehicle. The property included U.S. Currency and electronic equipment belonging to the residents.
As a result of the investigation into the incident by Mount Pleasant Police Officers and Investigators, the following persons were arrested and taken into custody without incident.
Charges were referred to the Racine County District Attorney’s Office:

  • Nathan S. Kristopeit M/W 04/11/1998 ss 943.10 Burglary – Incarcerated at Racine County Jail
  • Braeden R. Chriske M/W 04/28/1997 ss 943.10 Burglary – Incarcerated at Racine County Jail
  • Dayton M. Peterson M/W 10/21/1996 ss 943.10 Burglary PTAC. – released from custody.

The investigation by Mount Pleasant Police revealed that the suspects had entered the residence via an unlocked door without consent while the owners were at home inside. The suspects then entered a bedroom and stole electronic equipment and an undetermined amount of U.S. Currency. Upon being discovered by the home owner, the suspect ran south from the residence down the street to a waiting vehicle. The vehicle then fled the area. The resident gave chase but was unable to catch the suspects.


The original release stated that the crime occurred on Thursday, it happened on Wednesday, and has been updated to reflect that