No injuries in Sunday morning fire

RFD-logoOn September 11, 2016 at 2:32 a.m., the Racine Fire Department along with the Racine Police Department responded to 946 Geneva Street for a a report of a structure fire. The first floor bedroom of a residence caught fire this morning causing a significant amount of  smoke and heat damage.  The fire was contained to the bedroom and was quickly extinguished by firefighters who afterwards checked for extension. Some of the residents were asleep at the time of the fire but were awakened and were able to exit the home unharmed. There were no injuries reported and officials with the Racine Fire Department state that the estimated fire loss is $3,000.  The fire is under investigation.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail