No injuries reported in Raymond barn fire


RCSOOn January 23, 2016, at 1027 pm, Deputies responded to the 400 Block of 124th St, in the Town of Raymond, for a barn fire. The homeowner advised the fire was between two barns which contained one hundred sheep and fifty cows. Raymond Fire and Rescue, Union Grove-Yorkville Fire and Rescue, Windlake Fire and Rescue, and the Racine Fire Bells also responded. Upon arrival, Deputies observed flames coming from a tractor, which was under an overhang and between two barns. There were bails of alfalfa behind the tractor which were also burning. The animals were removed from the barns to an outdoor pasture. Fire personnel were able to extinguish the fire. The tractor appeared to be a total loss, along with several bails of alfalfa. Foul play is not suspected. No people or animals were injured in the fire.