Overheated electric wire cause of Sunday fire on Winslow St

RFD logoThe Racine Fire Department responded Sunday evening for a fire at 1705 Winslow Street. Two families were displaced Sunday night due to an overheated electric wire. The wire was too small to supply an air conditioner that was running due to the warm weather. The wire ignited the combustible insulation within the wall and spread to the structural wood in the stud space. The fire was found and extinguished quickly but the power had to be cut to the home to have the wiring repaired and inspected. Fire damage is estimated at $5,000.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail