On Sunday December 20,2015 at 7:45 p.m., the Racine Fire Department responded to a fire at 409 N. Memorial Dr was reported after a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the eaves above the second story. The house is under going renovation and was not occupied at the time of the fire. The fire damage was limited to a room on the first floor as well as the room directly above it on the second floor. The fire was extinguished within twenty minutes.
A fire fighter suffered an injury when part of the ceiling he was removing fell and struck him. He reported an injury to his face. He was treated and released from the hospital. No other injuries were reported.
The fire is under investigation.
Damaged to the structure is est at $10,000 and the contents $2,500.