Stove burner accidentally left on causes for small fire on College Ave.

RFD logoOn September 18,2015 at 4:27 p.m., the Racine Fire Department along with the Racine Police Department responded to reports of a house fire at 1109 College Ave. The Racine Fire Department states that “A stove burner accidentally left on caused a small fire that went up the wall behind the stove and across the ceiling before firefighters arrived and quickly extinguished the fire. One adult and her four children will be temporarily sheltered by the American Red Cross.” No one was injured and they estimate fire loss is a$5,000.

Share