Thursday afternoon basement fire caused by electrical malfunction

RFD logoThe Racine Fire Department along with Racine police responded to a  late Thursday afternoon fire was discovered in the basement of the home at 1420 Thurston Ave. A family member noticed that the power was out in the basement and was trying to find out why when the smoke alarm started sounding. The family exited the home and called 911. There were no injuries. The family is able to stay in the home. The damage from the fire is $1,000.